About Me

New York, United States
Mommy,wife, homespun enthusiast and excessively mouthy.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Everybody poops!

The Joys of parenthood.   

"What to do when your up to your neck in pooh.." K.Clark

It seems I have a few friends going through the same trouble as I’ve been having-Loads of crap in our life…literally.  Now in my case I have a very naughty 8 month puppy who is regressing do to lack of attention. In my girlfriends Kerri’s case it’s her two year old son.  If you’re a parent or a soon to be parent potty training is always a HUGE concern. What age do you start, how do you start, are boys harder to train than girls? The lists are endless and the truth is each child is different. What works for one parent may not work for another. Be prepared to try and try again, then maybe,  try some more.

I am in NO way shape or form an expert on toilet manners and in all honesty I delegated that gnarly obstacle to my devoted husband. I am however, pretty good with index cards, research and power point presentations or blog presentation in this case.  So here is to you my toilet training compadres… The top three sites in my opinion with good, straightforward honest help.


Topics you will find


Give them motivation. My daughters respond well to rewards and praise. Now, don’t get me wrong I’m not telling you to bribe your kids but a little extra loving goes along way. For example. I asked my 4yr old to clean her room, she threw a fit. After counting to five and composing myself as to not scream out loud            “ I SAID CLEAN YOUR ROOM NOW” 
 I remembered how badly she wanted to color.  Two minutes of compromising with coloring books I had her cleaning her room and helping with her sisters. Now, this method does not always work but it has it advantages. 


Use your resources! Books, videos, friends and my favorite Google! 

 If your really desperate call your Momma, your toilet trained aren’t you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment