Alright ladies (and gentlemen who brave this blog) lets say you’ve just got your finances back in order after that foggy Christmas whirlwind. You know, that one day? Usually lasts about 15 mins in your living room at 6am under a tree decked in lights. Yeah, that day. That one special day. You prepare for it all month and before you know it- not only is all your money gone, so is your ass. Cookies, chocolates and candy. Yup, that’s the stuff.
Did you know that was only 51days ago? Yes, less than two months ago. We showered our loved ones with gifts, ate sweets and complained about our bank accounts.
Splurge no more my friends… This year while celebrating love and affection between your intimate companion take the road less traveled. Cheap, cheeky and unexpected.
Here is a list of random acts of kindness a little less ordinary.
* Put notes at random in areas of the house you know you significant other will be. Write whatever you feel. Reasons why you love them, reminders of the past, ect…
*Instead of standing and waiting 15-20mins for a table to open up at a restaurant that is probably expensive, make dinner at home. Check out menus online. Give your spouse a list of possible dinner ideas a week before v-day and ask them to choose.
*Instead of watching “romantic” movies. Grab your spouses favorite movie enjoy it at home with the same fixings you would get a the theater. OR if you more into music grab a record of choice and enjoy over drinks or desserts.
* Make coupons to give. Who wouldn’t want a "get out of taking out the trash" card, and "play video games instead of mowing the lawn" coupon. Make them unique to your relationship and fun.
* Plan a trip to a local area that is free or cheap. Most cities and states have tones of untapped resources to discover. Do a little research and plan an exciting day or weekend.
* Create an at-home spa day
* Try to repeat your first date.
* Write a letter to your lover. Remembering fond memories, special occasions and monumental steps in your relationship. Show them you pay attention to detail and have enjoyed your time together.